Friends of the River San Bernard Scholarship Program
The scholarship program awards six - $1,000 scholarships annually to graduating seniors who live in or attend a high school whose district is within the San Bernard watershed. They must demonstrate a direct connection between their career path and the betterment of the environment.
Chairman: John Muskopf
Committee: Tom Ronayne, Marie Breakiron, Wayne Head, Barbara Fratila, Fred Kanter
- 2020 San Bernard Watershed Scholarship Winners
- 2019 San Bernard Watershed Scholarship Winners
- 2018 San Bernard Watershed Scholarship Winners
- 2017 San Bernard Watershed Scholarship Winners
- 2016 San Bernard Watershed Scholarship Winners and sixth 2016 Scholarship Winner
- 2015 San Bernard Watershed Scholarship Winners
- 2014 San Bernard Watershed Scholarship Winners
- 2013 San Bernard Watershed Scholarship Winners
- 2012 San Bernard Watershed Scholarship Winners
Friends Of the River San Bernard Ranger Program
The program is an educational program for fifth grade students to raise their awareness of the San Bernard River watershed and its environmental concerns.
Chairman: Adalia Maudlin
Committee: Valroy Maudlin, Linda Wright, Ken Wright, Mike Goodson, Bob Bailey, Susan Bailey, Ange Ronayne, Claudia Pechacek
To contact the FOR Ranger Committee, go to: the Contact Us page - select River Ranger
FOR Rangers thanks BASF for supplying the Ranger t-shirts this upcoming school year.
- Apr 18, 2019 - Sweeny Elementary
- Apr 16, 2018 - West Columbia Elementary
- Feb 21, 2018 - Wild Peach Elementary
- Apr 13, 2017 - West Columbia Elementary
- Feb 7, 2017 - Barrow Elementary
- Jan 17, 2017 - Wild Peach Elementary
- May 17, 2016 - Wild Peach Elementary
- Apr 9, 2016 - West Columbia Elementary
- Apr 17, 2015 - Newgulf Elementary
- July 29, 2015, Dido’s Restaurant, San Bernard River
Jan 22, 2015 - Barrow Elementary
- May 16, 2014- Wharton Elementary
- Jan 16, 2014 - West Columbia Elementary
- Mar 8, 2013 - Sweeny Elementary, Sweeny, Tx
- Mar 7, 2013 - Steven F Austin Elementary, Jones Creek, Tx
- Dec 14,2012 - Wild Peach Elementary, Wild Peach, Tx
- May 7, 2012 - Newgulf Elementary, Boling, Tx
- April 13, 2012 - Wild Peach Elementary, Wild Peach, Tx
- Oct 20, 2011 - West Columbia Elementary, West Columbia, Tx
- Oct 6, 2011 - Barrow Elementary, Brazoria, Tx
- Aug 2, 2011 - Sweeny Jr. High, Sweeny 4-H Club
- May 13, 2011 - Wharton Elementary, Wharton, Tx
Sweeny Elementary, Sweeny, Tx - November 5, 2010
The committee presenting was top row Nancy Kanter, left and Mike Goodson. Bottom row, Bob Bailey, left, Susan Bailey, Ken Wright, Adalia Maudlin and Valroy Maudlin. Not pictured, Linda Wright. The program was presented to 165 fifth graders at Sweeny Elementary.
Stephen F. Austin Elementary, Jones Creek, Tx - May 21, 2010
Presenters and assistants were l. to r., Bob Bailey, Adalia Maudlin, Nancy Kanter, Susan Bailey, Mike Goodson and Ken Wright. Not in picture, Linda Wright.
FOR River Rangers presented its second May classroom program to the fifth grade students at Stephen F. Austin Elementary School in Jones Creek. Students learned about the importance of a healthy San Bernard River watershed, fish identification and nautical knot tying. A raffle awarded three students with new fishing rods. Packets of information about the San Bernard and t-shirts were also handed out.
East Bernard Jr. High, East Bernard, Tx - May 14, 2010
The presenters and assistants were, l. to r., Bob Bailey, Adalia Maudlin, Nancy Kanter, Mike Goodson, Linda Wright and Ken Wright.
A Friends Of the River Ranger classroom program was presented to the fifth grade classes of East Bernard Jr. High School, East Bernard, Texas. T-shirts and information packets were handed out to students. Four rod and reels were awarded to students whose names were chosen in a random drawing.