Past July 4th Parades:
Past Christmas Boat Parades:
It's time to prepare FOR the annual "Christmas on the Bernard" Boat Parade and Home Decorating Contest
Home Decorating Contest Rules
- Judging Thu Dec 12 and Fri Dec 13
- 6:30p - 10:30p homes must be lighted
- Two cash prizes $250
- Register on-line by Wed Dec 11 (note you must be registered on website to use Christmas links, go to top right of this page to REGISTER then click on link).
Homes must be lit up on two judging nights. A team of judges and a photographer will travel the river selecting two winners on those nights. Cash prizes of $250 each will be awarded in two categories – riverfront property shoreline under 100 ft. and riverfront property shoreline 100 ft. and over. There is no entry fee.
Boat Parade Contest Rules
- Sat Dec 14
- Parade start 5:30p at FM 521 Bridge, ends approx 8p just beyond FM 2611 Churchill Bridge
- Two cash prizes $250
- Register on-line (note you must be registered on website to use Christmas links, go to top right of this page to REGISTER then click on link).
Your boat must be lighted and decorated on both sides. Judging will be on lighting, decorations, sound, special effects and originality. You will be given an entry number that must be clearly displayed and visible on the forward area of your boat and must be able to be read by the judges. The boats will be judged and cash prizes of $250 each will be awarded in two categories, boats 25’ and under and boats over 25’. Last minute boat entries are welcome, but you must be registered to win cash prize. There is no entry fee
- Sun Dec 15
- Liquid Rides Building, FM 521 just east of the San Bernard
- RSVP Awards Party (note you must be registered on website to use Christmas links, go to top right of this page to REGISTER then click on link).
- Cash prizes will be awarded then to Boat Parade and Home Decorating Contest winners. All boat parade participants and their crew, home decorating participants and interested San Bernard river residents are invited to enjoy the catered event. If you have not entered the boat parade or the home decorating contest but would like to attend the party please RSVP using the link above.
Remember, bring your donated toys to any of the events. Read FOR "San Bernard Santa Christmas Toy drive on NEWS ARTICLES page.
Viewing Areas on Boat Parade Route
1. Parade starts at the FM 521 bridge. Viewing area at the boat ramp parking lot.
2. FOR Community Center viewing area, a mile south of the FM 521 bridge on CR 510-B. Opens an hour before parade start. Bring your lawn chair.
3. Dido's Restaurant, 2922 CR 519
4. Churchill Bridge, FM 2611, boat ramp viewing area.
5. Parade ends a short distance beyond the Churchill Bridge.