The Dredge Report - 3 Sep 21
Posted on Sep 3rd, 2021
The map shows the dredging limits performed through Wed 1Sep21. The large box is a closeup map pointing to its location on the river. The black arrows indicate the direction of travel of the dredge. The boxes indicate the approximate daily limits of the dredging (midnight to midnight).
Status Report 3Sep21
Rigid Constructors Dredging Contractor
Daniel Garza Project Manager - HDR Engineering, Inc, Owner’s-Engineer
- Dredged approximately 83,220 CY (Cubic Yards) of material = approximately 23.0% of the total expected 362,163 CY
- Traveled about 3,720 LF (Linear Feet) = 40.1% of the overall project length of 9,700 LF.
Items of note:
- Nighttime operations ceased on FRI 08/27 to allow Rigid to send some of their crew members home to attend to their homes and families due to incoming Hurricane Ida.
- They restarted 24-hour operations on TUE 08/31.
- On THU 09/02 morning, right at shift-change (6:00 am), the pump bearing locked up on the dredge, and dredging stopped. They are currently in the process of shipping the bearing to LA for repair/replacement and expect to have the bearing back onsite MON evening/TUE morning. Once the bearing is reinstalled, they expect to resume dredging either late TUE 09/07 evening or sometime WED 09/08.
As always, please continue to remind folks to stay clear of markers, the dredge pipe, all equipment, and the discharge area. Overall, the Contractor has been pleased with the interactions they’ve had with the public, and we all appreciate that. Please remember that, an unimpeded contractor is an efficient contractor.