San Bernard River Clean-up
- Sat Sep 13, 2014
- 9:00 - 2:00 pm
- Hot Dog Social for participants follwing clean-up
- Russell & Wana York 337 Lazy Oak Ranch
The Friends of the River (FOR) San Bernard annual River Clean-up will be held on Saturday, September 13th from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Boats and crew are needed to extract trash from the river and volunteers are needed to man the collection stations.
Volunteers sign-in at one of the three trash collection stations:
- McNeill Bridge FM 521 boat ramp
- Churchill Bridge FM 2611 boat ramp
- Hanson Riverside County Park, Hwy 35, West Columbia
- River's End collection station is unavailable (see map). Instead bring any trash to the Chuchill Bridge FM 2611 collection station
Free tee shirts, water, and trash bags will be distributed at that time. Registration is not required.
Immediately following the clean-up, all participants are invited to attend a hot dog social at Russell and Wana York’s home, 337 Lazy Oak Ranch, on the San Bernard River.
Whether you have volunteered in the past or are new this year, FOR San Bernard hopes to see you on Saturday, Sept 13. It takes a team effort to keep the river clean and healthy.
Contact Russell York at 713-824-2312 or email at email@example.com for additional information.