City, State, Zip
I believe reopening the mouth of the San Bernard to the Gulf of Mexico would have major restoration benefits for the Texas coastal estuary system, including
1. Fish habitat
2. Coastal-dependent species of wildlife
3. Bird species
4. Brackish coastal marsh areas – nursery for shrimp, crab
5. Coastal beach area, vegetation, dunes
It would also improve the
1. Tidal water and mud flats
2. Reduce flooding-related river conditions
3. Barges dangerously navigating the ICW and Brozos flood gates due to unnatural currents
4. Fish pass from Gulf to river
I understand reopening the mouth is just one of the many challenging issues facing the Texas Gulf Coast, however, one that can be solved.
Looking forward to having a great river made even better.
Copy (or compose your own version of the letter) and email to