The Reel Fun of Fishing on the San Bernard River
- Saturday June 18, 2016
- 10:00 am - Noon
- FOR Community Center 20450 CR 510-B
Watch for additional FOR San Bernard programs in the coming months
Come and spend two hours hearing fishing tips, techniques and “mostly true” tales of fishing on the San Bernard. Whether you’re an experienced fisherman or thinking about trying your hand for the first time, you’ll enjoy this event. Meet your fellow anglers and maybe learn something you never knew about the river. Here’s the best part, it’s FREE!
- “Let’s Talk Fishing”– Local fishing expert Tom Guffey has extensive fishing experience from Matagorda to Sargent since the 1960’s but the San Bernard is his “go to” spot. He’ll show photos of fish you wish you had caught.
Think you're smarter than a fifth grader...find out, these two activities are from the FOR Ranger program for fifth grade science students.
- “Hey, What’s This” – Mike Goodson identifies the different fish species living in the river
- “Nautical Knot Tying” – Capt Ken Wright demonstrates knots you need to know
- Anglers of all ages invited, door prizes, free admission