To accomplish its mission of maintaining a clean and flowing river, the FOR San Bernard Board of Directors and Environmental Committee is presenting six programs on environmental subjects. Each will be free to the public, feature "subject matter experts" on the topics, and include plenty of question and answer time so that each participant gets the information he or she needs.
- "Care & Feeding of Your Septic System" held on Feb. 15
- "Bugs that Bite, Sting and Chew" Sat held on March 22
- "Gone Wild - Feral Hog Program", Sat, Apr 26
- "Testing the Water of the San Bernard", Saturday, June 14, 10 am - 12 noon, FOR Community Center
- "Private Water Well Maintenance"
- "Fire Ant Management" and "Trash Recycling & Disposal of Pharmaceuticals"
The program "Testing the Water of the San Bernard" will be about the San Bernard Watershed Protection Plan developed by Houston-Galveston Area Council (H-GAC). Speakers are Aubin Phillips and Jean Wright, H-GAC. Topics discussed will include–
- How a watershed protection plan works
- Results of the plan applied to the San Bernard River
- Texas Stream Team monitoring on the San Bernard
- Current water quality of the river
- Question & Answer session follows