Sludge in the San Bernard Update - 4/4/22
Posted on Apr 4th, 2022
City of Brazoria WWTP Temporary Mitigation
Weekly Report Mon Apr 4, 2022
Mark Rudolph, Strand Associates, Inc.
- Magna Flow continues to work on removal of solids from the oxidation ditch, and has removed 30 trucks of sludge to date.
- The rental/loaner aeration units were brought online over the course of Thursday and Friday of last week.
- The sludge de-watering box and polymer unit has been delivered to the WWTP and installed.
- A new oxygen probe will be delivered to the WWTP today, along with some supplementary seed sludge and feed material.
- We are continuing to have conversations with the grant administrator and GLO regarding their concerns over the work being performed. After our most recent discussion last week Thursday, the GLO is requiring the City to provide numerous supporting documents before they can make a determination on whether there will be a problem with the funding, or if the City is able to qualify for an exemption. We are currently compiling the requested information for their consideration.