To accomplish its mission of maintaining a clean and flowing river, the FOR San Bernard Board of Directors and Environmental Committee is presenting six programs on environmental subjects. Each will be free to the public, feature "subject matter experts" on the topics, and include plenty of question and answer time so that each participant gets the information he or she needs.
- Care & Feeding of Your Septic System held on Feb. 15
- Bugs that Bite, Sting and Chew Sat, March 22, 11 am - 1 pm >>
- Feral Hogs West of the Brazos
- Testing the Water of the San Bernard
- Private Water Well Maintenance
- Trash Recycling & Disposal of Pharmaceuticals
- “ Bugs that Bite, Sting and Chew”
The second program to be presented is a three-part program about managing troublesome insects that make your life miserable. Speakers are “Dr. Fire Ant” - Dr. Paul Nester, Texas A&M Agrilife who will talk about fire ant and tawny crazy ant management; Darrin Griffith, Brazoria County Mosquito Control District will discuss the county’s mosquito control measures; and Ed Barrios, Master Gardener and Master Naturalist, Brazoria County, will tell how to manage vegetable pests. Come hear their interesting and informative presentations at FOR Community Center, 20450 CR 510-B, (Brazoria side of the river, one mile south of FM 521 bridge) on Saturday, March 22, 11 am - 1pm. Public invited. Door prizes. Free!