P66 Barge Guidelines on the San Bernard
Posted on Oct 28th, 2019
These are not new guidelines but rather a refresher for what has been in existence since 2015.
The curfew is for the vessel (tug & barge) companies operating on the San Bernard River and the industrial assets of Phillips 66. The vessels transit in and out of the San Bernard from mile 405 Gulf Intracoastal Waterway West to the P66 San Bernard terminal (Sweeny) at mile 25.6 on the river.
The times below are during curfew dates starting the first weekend in May and ending October 1st with temporary pauses in the schedule to allow for holiday and pleasure boat traffic.
- FRI: No transit may begin between the hours of 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- SAT: No transit may begin between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- SUN: No transit may begin between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- In addition, efforts will be made to avoid night time transits on the nights after the Independence Day and Christmas boat parades.
Only in cases where unforeseen weather conditions, mechanical difficulties, or some similar cause, may transit be allowed within the curfew hours. These allowances require explicit permission from the Phillips 66 San Bernard Marine Terminal Dock Operator.
- Curfews have been published previously on the FOR website.