Lost and Found
Posted on Jan 24th, 2015
Be on the lookout for these items that floated away during last Thursday's Jan 22 flood on the river...
- HAVE THEY BEEN FOUND? Pair of three-year-old red jet skis floated off Randy (979.292.9218) and Judy (979.549.5649) Hester's dock on the river. Give 'em a call if you see them beached somewhere.
- HAS IT BEEN CLAIMED? Swim platform with ladder lodged itself on Bill Long's dock upstream of Hwy 521. Contact Bill Long through his Facebook page.
- HAPPY ENDING! The bad news - Jim Heiser's white dual-cockpit Seaswirl Striper boat and Black 115 HP Johnson outboard engine, floated off his dock on Thursday. The good news - it made it to the next dock down the river a ways and a kind neighbor Leo Davis winched it off the top of his dock and tied it off. It's now back in Jim's care.
- STOP LOOKIN' - Ricky Leach, 1/2 mile down on the West Columbia side, had pulled it onto his grassy bank waiting for the owners to get home. 1993ish Yamaha Waverunner, yellow and red over white floated off dock above FM 522 bridge (Black's Ferry Bridge).
- AHHH NUTS! Found on my dock, lots of pecans from upriver. Free to anyone.